Speaker = Dennis Yu
I get the feeling Dennis could be one of the smartest guys at this conference.
- Social metrics are different to Adwords (cost per fan, not cost per conversion).
- Target ads based on a user’s “interests”, eg basketball.
- On Facebook you’re targetting people BEFORE they buy, ie before they go to Google.
- Use pictures of people’s face in your ads (the image is the most important thing to test!).
- Use a local phone number in the ad. People like local.
- Facebook = AdWords in 2003 in terms of sophistication.
- You must drive the click to your Fan page, because of the viral effects, and they don’t want to leave Facebook (they won’t trust your domain as much as Facebook).
- If you want volume, you need to bid on CPM not CPC.
- You can target different jobs, eg marketing managers in Sydney.
- Remember that ads with high CTR can get a low conversion rate.
- In Facebook there are only 3 ad positions (not 10 like AdWords).
- The key to advertising on Facebook is to consider the viral flow on effects, ie friends of the fan, becoming fans.
- Facebook.com/username to claim a vanity URL.
- (Dennis speaks fast…)
- Great session!
Speaker = Marty (Aimclear)
I know Marty loves Facebook. This session should be good.
- Marty says don’t tweet or blog this session – too much info.
- You should be fired if you’re not doing Facebook advertising.
- It’s not “search”, DO NOT put your AdWords ads on Facebook!
- Die mass markets. Die. It’s all about segments.
- Marty is showing lots of stats of segments in Facebook.
- (This man is HIGH ENERGY. Fun session.)
- OK Marty you’re exhausting me… so…many…stats…
- 119 slides. ahhhhh… and breathe…
2 really good sessions.
I get the feeling Facebook advertising in Australia will get a boost after Dennis & Marty’s session.
Let’s connect on Twitter
By Philip Shaw
Stay In The Know
Cut the clutter and stay on top of important news like this. We handpick the single most noteworthy news of the week and send it directly to subscribers. Join the club to stay in the know…