Tired of contradictory digital marketing advice? We don’t blame you! It’s hard to cut through the noise and clutter to find relevant digital insights you can trust.
Luckily, data doesn’t lie, so we’ve given it to you here in the baldest of ways: facts and figures.
Find insights on organic search, mobile and voice search, local search and more – and make up your own mind about what’s important.
Below are digital marketing statistics courtesy of Hubspot Statistics.
- Half of all search queries are at least 4 words long
- 72% of marketers believe that relevant content creation is the most effective tactic in SEO
The #1 Result:
- On average, the result in position #1 on Google contains 1,890 words.
- The first position on Google search results on desktop has a 34.36% clickthrough rate.
- The first position on Google search results on mobile has a 31.35% clickthrough rate.
- More Google searches are made on mobile than on desktop in 10 countries including the United States and Japan.
- 65% of smartphone users say that when searching on mobile, they look for the most relevant information regardless of the company providing it.
- 37% use Siri
- 23% use Microsoft’s Cortana AI
- 19% use Amazon’s Alexa AI
- 19% of people use Siri every day
- 20% of search queries on Google’s mobile app and on Android devices are voice searches
Why people use voice search:
- 43% of users prefer voice search because they say it’s quicker than using a website or app.
- 21% of users prefer voice search because they don’t like typing on their phones.
- 50% of people who search for something close by will visit the store within one day.
- And 28% of people who search for something close by will purchase it.
- 78% of local-mobile searches will lead to an offline purchase.
Tags: local, mobile, Organic, SERP, Voice search
Stay In The Know
Cut the clutter and stay on top of important news like this. We handpick the single most noteworthy news of the week and send it directly to subscribers. Join the club to stay in the know…