The rise and rise of video content is something that brands – both big and small – can no longer afford to ignore.
Social media channels like Facebook and YouTube have popularised video content to the extent that it’s consumed and created on a frightening scale – and brands using it as a marketing medium are seeing excellent returns.
Below are some surprising facts that’ll make it clear exactly why you should be using video to reach your customers, if you aren’t already doing so.
Created using Visme. An easy-to-use Infographic Maker.
- 45% of people watch over an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (HubSpot, 2016)
- Up to 4 X as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. (Animoto, 2015)
- Google has shared that almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Google, 2016)
- A 2017 Hubspot survey showed that 46% of marketers plan to add Facebook video to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, 2017)
- 43% of people said that they want to see more video content from marketers. (HubSpot, 2016)
- In an average week, YouTube reaches more 18+ year-olds during prime time TV hours than any cable TV network. (Google, 2016)
- Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across devices. (Google, 2016)
- The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV has more than doubled year over year. (Google, 2016)
Stay In The Know
Cut the clutter and stay on top of important news like this. We handpick the single most noteworthy news of the week and send it directly to subscribers. Join the club to stay in the know…