Back from afternoon tea. Oh my god, strawberry yogurt shots!!! 17 chocolate eclairs not too bad either.
Barry, you’re a genius.
1. UNIVERSAL SEARCH
Speaker = Des O’Dell, from Bruce Clay Australia
- 86% of all search queries had a universal element (in a recent test).
- 39% of links relate to universal search.
- If you’re not optimising, you’re missing out big time.
- Universal = local search maps, images, news, video.
- Showing a screen shot for “cameras”, with lots of real estate taken up with universal.
- Google has said they will do even more universal going forward.
- Landing page with a video (engagement object) will rank higher.
- More charts on how common universal search is in current search results.
- Universal optimisation is especially important for competitive phrases.
- If you want to rank for a video, use the word video in your text (as well as the the keyword). Good tip.
2. LOCAL SEARCH
Speaker =Monte Huebsch
- About 62% of time local maps come up, so optimising for your local business is really valuable.
- YOU MUST CLAIM YOUR GOOGLE MAP LISTING!
- Since April 2009, Google has been sourcing local data from Yellow Pages.
- Google renamed Local Business Centre to Google Places yesterday.
- Great local SEO resource
- Completeness of information is a very important ranking factor.
Let’s connect on Twitter.
By Philip Shaw
Stay In The Know
Cut the clutter and stay on top of important news like this. We handpick the single most noteworthy news of the week and send it directly to subscribers. Join the club to stay in the know…